This past weekend Paul & I had the opportunity to go up to Conference! We left Thursday evening after school & work, we arrived and stayed in Kanab that night at the 4 seasons motel! It wasn't the nicest motel, but heck the bed was comfortable and it was a big room... boy did I learn something new about Paul he was constantly saying how funny everything was, like the 50 yr old bed, and the 100 year old tv. I should have gotten a picture of it! But it definately was old school. So what if we aren't staying at the nicest motel, its only one night!! haha But I loved his reaction to everything, now dont get me wrong he definately was not complaining, just making fun of it. The next morning we met up with Pauls parents and drove up to Salt Lake together, it was snowing quite abit in some areas- it was beautiful!. I love the mountains covered in snow, beautiful sight. So we arrived to our destination, we were planning on going and visiting Pauls mission president but he would never answer his phone, so we went and did a session in the Salt Lake Temple, boy it was GORGEOUS!. On Saturday night Paul & Lynn went to the priesthood session where Paul ran into some of his old mission buddies, so we all went out and ate at Texas Road house. On Sunday morning Paul & I had tickets for the afternoon session, but decided we really didn't want to wait that long and then have to travel home so late, so we got up early that morning and went and stood in the waiting line to see if we could get in. We stood there for a long time, they finally moved us up to the doors to go in, we even had the security bucket with our stuff in it, literally 10 steps away from getting inside when a guy came out and closed the doors stating they were full. AWWW.. I was so incredibly bummbed. I have never been to the conference center when it has been in session. . and I was so close! It was ok though we still got to watch & listen to the wonderful talks. We had a GREAT weekend over all and got to spend time with Lynn & Paula and meet new family which is fun.
Driving up

3 comments:
You guys are sooo cute! Celeste you are so pretty!I have been bugging Brennon to give Paul a call! We really need to have you guys over for dinner!
Oh it looks like so much fun! I love road trips and your pictures are awesome. The snow makes everything look so pretty. I'm glad you guys had fun but I got so bummed reading about how bummed you were when didn't get in!! Next time!
What a fun trip! I love the pictures you too they are amazing.
Post a Comment