Paul & I's anniversary is today August 1st. We have been married for 4 years. It has flown by, it seems like just yesterday we were dating & getting married. Here is our love story...
It all began in the middle of March of 2008, Paul a recently returned very handsome missionary, me just a youngin really- a senior in high school. I had big plans people to move to New York to nanny, to go to Africa & help with service projects, to go to college! I wasn't looking for a boyfriend since I had just sent off a missionary...Paul came along and changed everything for the better! Our first meeting after the mission (we had gone on a few dates before his mission nothing serious nothing happened) he came over to my parents house here in Mesa for FHE to tell us about his mission. First thing he said to me as he gave me a side hug was "do you remember me?" uhhh YEAH haha it was cute. Our first date was Thursday of the same week that we had FHE. We went to the Easter Pageant, and ate at Apple-bees, we then went to a park where we had races on the slides & toys. Paul the competitive one was pushing and shoving and so he obviously won, it was fun :) For those of you who don't know Paul is a huge lover of snowboarding, he invited myself & my 2 older brothers to go snowboarding up at sunrise that weekend. On Friday night Paul, my brother Clayton & my girlfriend McKenzie & I took off on our way to Snowflake, it was a BEAUTIFUL night as it was raining & lightning like crazy. We listened to our girl Jordan Sparks which became a big deal for us all while we were dating we loved her music! Fun ride up. Pretty romantic too ;) we arrived up late and everyone went to bed but Paul & I stayed up talking and getting to know each other, we kissed right there in his parents living room. Our first kiss. It was sweet. We spent all weekend together and pretty much every day after that. Fast forward to June 22nd I went with Paul & his family on vacation to Durango, Colorado. I being the nieve or blonde one that I am did not even think about the obvious-I thought we were really just going on vacation. We had mentioned the idea of getting married a few times before but nothing too serious or so I thought :)...Well we went to the top of Purgatory ski mountain where Paul & I walked off by ourselves (still completely clueless) and found a rock- a kissing rock (we had this thing when we were dating we would find a rock I would stand on it for us to kiss because he is taller than I am). We talked for just a short time & then he sat me down- he knelt down & took my hands he started telling me all these sweet things & then took out a scripture box that said Celeste Johnson on the front he then proceeded to ask me to marry him, he had the ring tied to the scripture marker ribbon. Absolutely perfect. Would have been really awkward having my name engravin on scriptures but especially being on vacation with his whole family if I would have said no! haha {not that I would have but just sayin} About a month & 1 week later on August 1st 2008 Paul & I were sealed for time & all eternity in the Snowflake, AZ Temple. It was beautiful! It was perfect! We have experienced a lot together in these 4 years, true happiness, heartache, frustration, learning, loving, spiritual, patience, growth, and the list goes on and on. I have never been one to know how to write or express my feelings properly or in a beautiful way, but my heart is extremely full with gratitude for this man in my life. He has been my rock as we have gone through things just the 2 of us could have gone through together. He is so full of Faith, and love for our Savior. He is such a hard worker has always been & I know will always be, he has provided for our little family so well. He loves me for who I am, he knows my dreams, my desires, my goals, my frustrations, my heartaches. He is a great daddy, very involved & loves our son more than anything. He appreciates me & tells me so often, he tells me I am beautiful often. He kisses me tenderly & gives me big hugs often. He is a very good man. I love you my sweetheart more than you will ever know! I thank you for these 4 beautiful years & look forward to spending a very long happy life together! Creating lots more memories, creating lots more beautiful babies, and helping each other along our journey!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!
August 1st 2008
August 1st 2008
Our 4th Anniversary- COMING SOON!
1 comment:
You guys are so cute!!! Happy anni!
Post a Comment